Basic Malware Cleanup
This guide demonstrates how to do a basic Malware cleanup on a computer. As with any such instructions, do so at your own risk. Davis College is not responsible for anything that may happen as a result of you following these instructions.
If you are still having problems after following these steps, please contact a professional for assistance.
- Download and install the following 3 programs:
- Cleanup! – http://www.stevengould.org/index.php?Itemid=223&id=29&option=com_content&task=view
- CCleaner – do a google search for “ccleaner filehippo” follow the first link to download the latest version.
- Malwarebytes – do a google search for “malwarebytes filehippo” follow the first link to download the latest version.
**Once the install completes it will ask if you want to “Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium”. Uncheck that box.**
- Run Cleanup!:
- Click the “CleanUp!” button
- If you receive the below message click “No”
- Run CCleaner:
- Click “Run Cleaner”
- On the left side click “Registry”, then click “Scan for Issues”
- Click “Fix selected issues…”
- Click “Yes” to backup the registry settings just in case it is needed
- Click “Fix All Selected Issues”
- Run Malwarebytes:
- Click “Scan Now”
- When the scan completes click “Quarantine All”
- Reboot your computer
** For more detailed virus removal steps please visit http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/ **